Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Salvation

Today I had a conversation with a friend and ended up talking about salvation. How you receive it, who can receive it, can it be lost, are those who "walk away" from the faith are they saved or not. I learned alot about the catholic beliefs and their perception of salvation. One thing I learned was that they believe that you can gain and lose your salvation hundreds of times throughout a lifetime. I found this absolutely...interesting. There is something VERY comforting in recieving salvation and not losing it, even if you are idiodic, which I clasify alot of my actions as being. We talked about some hypothetical situations about how this could occur. I found that I needed numerous examples becuase I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. Jesus Himself says: "I give them eternal life, and they will NEVER perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me" (John 10:28-29 NLT). Again, this gives more emphasis to "eternal." Eternal life is just that--eternal. There is nobody, not even yourself, who can take Christ's God-given gift of salvation away from you. I value this friendship and look forward to the journey ahead with a friend

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are SOOOO awesome!!!!
How did you ever come from us???