Sunday, December 17, 2006

Extended Family Christmas

Each year at Thanksgiving we are given a bag of random objects to create a Christmas ornament for our Christmas gathering. You can use the objects in the bag and include 3 other items as a part of the ornament (not including glue or paint). This has been a family tradition for the past 6-7 years. The ornament is supposed to signify your year and the major events that happened. Below is the production part of the ornament and a few individuals explaining their ornament and what it means to them.




























Here is the tree that everyone puts the ornament on when they arrive.












This is what Allison came up with...

It is a tongue depressor with cooked then dried spaghetti in the shape of Hebrew words. The bottom piece is a clothes pin that is suppose to be a candle. This represented our trip to Israel this year. She then read Dueteronomy 6:4-9 which is on the back of the Mezzuah.


Here is my ornament...

It is me in my beanie that Allison knitted for me. I am also wearing my outfit that I graduated in. In my left hand I am holding a rake because we started a garden this year that was pretty successful. In my right hand is the pregnancy test with two pink stipes on it.


0 comments: