Friday, May 04, 2007

New Ride

Currently our mode of transportation is my VW bus and the Rodeo with 198,000 miles on it. I was bumbed to find out recently that the Rodeo is worth only 1000 dollars. Frustrating beacuse i just put 400 dollars into new tires and 400 into new shocks. The last few times I have driven it the clutch needs to be pushed all the way to the floor and then it takes a second or two for it to slip into gear. So I decided to get a different car seeing how this car does not deserve to get anything major fixed on it beacuse it would be a poor investment. I have been doing some research on 4runners and am very impressed with them. Allison and I went out to look at one but the price was to high. We patiently waited and ran across this one. It has everything we wanted and then some. We were looking for used, light in color, lower miles, well maintained, and a sun roof for Allison. I picked it up the day after Tessa was born without Allison ever seeing it. Her first time seeing it was when we were loading Tessa to go home. Everyone told us that the ride home from the hospital would be extremely stressful but we both were having a riot with all the buttons. Neither of us has ever had a car with anything electric on it. Needless to say the ride home was a lot of fun. I spent the next 3-4 days cleaning it of dog hair for my little ladies to ride around it. The VW will be parked until summer or until the Rodeo dies.

1 comments:

August Herrema said...

a vw bus has to be my all time favorite car!