Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Day 38 - Swiss Alps!

Well, here we are in Switzerland! The weather is looking up for the next long while...praise God! So, this means that we are off to the mountain tops and out of the city. But for today we hung out in Interlaken and explored the city and the shops. Mark has been becoming more and more patient with me when it comes to window shopping. (I think he realizes that I am more than likely NOT going to buy anything...who wants to lug around their purchases? This unfortunately is NOT good for all of you, there have been quite a few times I've wanted to buy some lavish gifts for each one of you, but then I'd have to lug it around. Oh well.) We found a hostel and ate dinner at McDonalds (they've got these great McPitas here, do they have them back there yet?) then wandered around all the tourist shops that were still open, checked out all the different swiss army knives, cuckoo clocks, etc. Then just kind of strolled hand in hand throughout town. Yes, we are STILL in love after not being apart for 6 whole weeks. THAT'S love!!! Went back to the hostel and I got a call into my dad...so nice to hear his voice!
Had a terrible time falling asleep, big time snorer in our room...I was ready to get out of my warm bed and KNOCK him upside the head! What do you do, the price for cheap housing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Allison and Mark, We love reading about you adventures. I think we are a little jealeous too! Well, we leave tomorrow for Mich to look at the Bonts cottage on Friday am at 10:30. Sat we will be looking at available cottages around the area with a realitor. You two may have to cough up a grandchild soon! Then it is off to Minn. and then to Dallas for 3 days. Fun,fun. See you when you return. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys, good to see things are still going well. I was taking a break from caulking our windows, though it's exciting for Kurtis and I it is definitely not a match for your adventures. :) This blog thing is great though, we love living vicariously through you. While you apend your summer riding through the hills of Tuscany, etc. we are taking our little jaunts over to Home Depot. :) Today is a big day for us though, the inspector finally okayed us to screw down the bathroom floor, so framing for our shower is next...FINALLY! Love you both, Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
We went to Silent Valley last weekend! You think we have you beat! HA ha HA ha.... Have some fondu'for me...
Dawn