Monday, September 22, 2008

17 months old!

Our little girl is already 17 months old! I can hardly believe my eyes sometimes...Tessa is understanding so much these days. Mark and I have so much fun asking her to do certain things and then she actually follows through and does them! (We shall see how long THAT lasts. :)) Anyway, Tessa is an absolute delight. She loves to play outside with her neighbors Ella and Jacob (Ella is 3 1/2 and Jacob is 1 month older than Tessa). "Ella" is her favorite thing to say...it could either mean "Ella", umbr"ella", or "ella"phant, so stinkin' cute! Our neighbors have a garage chock FULL of fun toys/balls/strollers/you name it, they've got it! Anyway, if that garage is open, Tessa will make herself RIGHT AT HOME and pull out all the goods...thankfully Rob and Shelly are wonderful people who are willing to help Tessa get at/out whatever it is she wants. She'll stand there pointing at whatever it is saying, "I wan I wan I wan I wan" until someone helps her. (Can we say broken record???) She's really been grasping onto the signing thing...she can communicate: milk, more, all done, help, please, thank you, book, hi, bye, blow kisses, and her latest...love (thanks to Cedarmont Kids).
She's running, dancing, singing, still pushing that beloved stroller of hers, playing independently, I wish I could say "reading independently" but we have a ways to go there yet. She's an independent little girl who isn't afraid to meander around a store by herself, she loves bikerides, parks, loves to brush her teeth (steal toothbrushes), and loves to play with her new dollhouse. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you and just get to the pictures:

Hey, I thought your DOLLY goes in the stroller...thankfully this thing holds Tessa, she loves it when I push her around the house in it.

Anyone out there ever heard of CEDARMONT KIDS? Tessa is in love with the Toddler Tunes! Everyday she'll ask a couple of times if she can watch for a while. I really like the video, little kids dancing around singing songs and playing and having a great 'ol time. Tessa will do the motions and dance along with the kids. She's a riot to watch!

Can I just tell you how giddy I was when I bought this Little People Dollhouse off of ebay? I couldn't wipe the grin off my face for days! I had been wanting to get Tessa a dollhouse for a while now and thought, "it would be so cool to get her the same one I had as a kid!" Well, here it is...the same one...go ebay!

Love those pigtails!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

we have one of those cedarmont kids movies and both Ellen and Isaiah really like it. Ellen likes the bit at the end where they tell about how they made the movie and who everybody is. She's all about behind the scenes.

August Herrema said...

I can remember playing with that dollhouse at church!

Erin said...

I had that dollhouse too! LOVE IT! Hope to see you guys when we are out the week of thanksgiving! Are you around?