Sunday, February 01, 2009

Trip to the zoo

Last Thursday some of my friends and Tessa and I all met up at the Santa Ana Zoo. For a mere $6 bucks we were in and ready for our first REAL fieldtrip. Mark and I have been holding off on the money-required fieldtrips (not thinking that Tessa would actually appreciate the experience). Well, she loved the zoo! It was so much fun to watch her get all excited about the animals...especially the monkeys (Santa Ana Zoo is known for lots of monkeys). We have been singing the song "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" for quite some time, so it was fun to actually show her a real life monkey! :)
I didn't do a very good job of capturing the moment with my camera, but here's just a little bit of what the day looked like.

No matter how much I told her to look at the camera, so wouldn't budge...kinda like this tortoise.
Ely and Micah went on a train ride around the park. This ride cost $5.00...I didn't think Tessa would appreciate it, so we passed. Sorry Tessa, maybe next time.

Lots of looking at the animals...
...more looking.
Fun times! I am super excited to start going places with Tessa. That means fun times for mommy too! :)

2 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

I love the sprouting pigtails! She's so cute!

Megan said...

Just when I think it is impossible for Tessa to get any cuter, she goes and does it!