Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Latest Favs

Well, you're looking at my latest purchase off good 'ol Craigslist...it's been so good to me! (You can see in the background that we decided to keep the "huge" kitchen.)
I had been patiently awaiting a specific table for a good 6-7 months,when this one popped up you better believe I was ON it! Thee very one I had been waiting for...the price that I was willing to pay...the distance I was willing to travel...the excitement from Tessa that was so worth it all! :)
Ever since the table has been here, Tessa has taken an extra liking to her play house, to her games, and tries to get anyone to sit down next to her so she can share in all her excitement...I love it! :) AND, best of all, after hosting church here this morning, the chairs withstood 3 grown men...now that's the kind of versatility you look for in a table/chair set! :)

Here's Tessa playing Lite-Brite (a $2 score at Goodwill) and her play house.
Tessa & Daddy playing with beads.

Something else that Tessa has been enjoying has been the birthday parties that we've been invited to! As you can see...she takes a special interest in the best part of the party. :)
(This reminds me of something Malachi Olson said about Tessa's 2nd Birthday BBQ back in April..."Mom, where are the cake/cupcakes? Every birthday party has cake." We had just decided to keep her party really low-key and invite some friends for burgers & smoothie popscicles...he was pretty disappointed.) Now...I can see why, I think Tessa would be too.
Sorry Malachi, never again! :)

And finally, the heat has been pretty intense these past weeks. In addition to the healthy fruit smoothie pops that I usually give her on these hot days, I thought it would be fun to make a special treat for all of us to indulge in. My friend, Pamela, introduced me to one of her favorite blogs recently. They had posted this yummy recipe for pudding pops:

Mint-Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pops
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 3/4 C half and half10 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 1 heaping cup)
1/4 t peppermint extract
Blend pudding mix, extract, and half and half in a blender until smooth.
Stir in crushed cookies by hand. Place in molds and freeze.

Amazing! As Tessa would say, "Yummy in my tummy!" She wears it well, doesn't she? :)

0 comments: