Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End

I attended my final graduation (as a teacher) this past Friday night. I kind of felt like I was graduating along with the seniors...it was a neat feeling. The entire night I was soaking it all in. My friend and colleague, Sheri Admiraal, gave a great message that I will remember for a long time. (In fact, I still remember the last message she gave at graduation about 3 years ago!)
I felt so blessed to be able to sit there in my seat and say every girl's name, in my head, before her name was even called to receive her diploma! How many teachers have such an awesome opportunity to get to know EVERY young lady on campus? It was the best feeling ever! (I think I may have missed 1 or 2...not bad for remembering about 75 of them!)

Teaching at Valley Christian High School has been such an amazing job, one that I will surely miss come fall. Well, I will miss all the relationships that go along with the job, I don't think I'm going to miss having my life be ruled by bells! It's crazy to think that it was the job at Valley that brought me out to California 8 years ago, and now that it's done, I'm still here. God sure does work in wonderful ways! Now...I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful and healthy baby girl, an amazing Christian community, and I am confident that God continues to prepare me for my new role as a full-time mom! However, I do look forward to helping coach the girl's tennis team (I gave up the head coaching position as well). That will help ease the blow of missing out on all the fun times at VCHS. I wonder how long it will be before I'm back teaching there again???


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat to get three new entries in such a short time. The joy and rewards of teaching are hard to part with. !!!!! Love, Sandy Igo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this picture...it's great!

Olga