Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paranoia

My day was going great...but then it happened. Something that is just NOT right...my safe home became unsafe. Terrible. I came home from a walk and quickly ran to the bathroom before I put Tessa down for a nap (she was asleep in the stroller outside). I don't think it meant for me to see it because as soon as I did I screamed and jumped and scared the heck out of it! I get the chills just thinking about it. A black, nasty, creepy, crawly, reptile, salamander/lizard thing was on my bathroom floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as we made eye contact he scurried up under our cabinets (probably thinking that I couldn't see him), however, his long tail gave him away...sucker! Anyway, I quickly relieved myself and then grabbed the plunger.
- I feel bad going into so much detail, but it's just so fresh on my mind! -

I somehow chopped off a good 2 inches of tail but he somehow managed to escape to who knows where. So now we've got a nasty thing in our house who's ticked off because I chopped off its tail. The tail stayed alive for a good 5 minutes after the severing...flipping around on our bathroom floor, leaving a little bit of blood as well.

Mark wasn't answering his phone, my stomach was in one huge knot, everywhere I stepped or every cupboard I opened, or even sitting on the toilet I felt like this thing was going to jump out and get me. This happened around 11:30 a.m. and it's 9:30 p.m. right now and I'm scared to death about going to sleep tonight. These things crawl all over the place...what would stop him from crawling into our bed or even Tessa's crib? I hate thinking about such things. Thankfully I have my brave husband. :)

I forgot to mention something. Of course I had to leave the tail at the crime scene so Mark could see it...well, Tessa woke up from her nap and was playing with some plastic balls. I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and all of a sudden I hear those plastic balls bouncing on the bathroom tile. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I realized...she's in there with the tail! and maybe even the salamander/lizard! I ran to the bathroom and scooped her up super fast, I think I scared her b/c she started to cry. :( Thankfully the tail was still there (moved, but still there).

Yuck. I'm paranoid. Stupid Salamander/lizard. I don't even know if that's what it is, I just know that it's black and snake-like with hands and feet. Copelands, I don't know HOW you do it in Indonesia...I get chills just thinking about it!

Any advice on catching this thing? I think we might put out some sticky traps.

5 comments:

Mark and His Girls said...

Wimp

August Herrema said...

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!! when something like that happens to me, i wont step in that area for weeks :p

cristina said...

is that it? its really fat! gross

Sarah said...

dude. i so do not like those things either. at all. especially uncaged. yuck.

wow! you went after it! that's impressive. i'd have shut the bathroom door and not gone in again.

Allensville said...

Check out my blog....he ran to my house....ahhh!